Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] An intestinal condition caused by infection with cryptosporidium, causing diarrhoea and vomiting.
- ‘Because most foodborne outbreaks of cryptosporidiosis are believed to have been caused by infected food handlers, more specific recommendations to avoid exposure to contaminated food cannot be made.’
- ‘Other common apicomplexan infections include toxoplasmosis, cryptosporidiosis, and Texas cattle fever.’
- ‘Management of cryptosporidiosis is usually based on symptom control and use of antiviral therapy to increase the CD4 count because there is no effective specific treatment for this infection.’
- ‘The family believe they are victims of a cryptosporidiosis bug which has struck around 150 guests and which has been linked to the hotel's swimming pool.’
- ‘In March, 140 people fell ill with cryptosporidiosis, an illness linked to the presence of the bacteria.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.