One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An intestinal condition caused by infection with cryptosporidium, causing diarrhoea and vomiting.
- ‘Management of cryptosporidiosis is usually based on symptom control and use of antiviral therapy to increase the CD4 count because there is no effective specific treatment for this infection.’
- ‘Because most foodborne outbreaks of cryptosporidiosis are believed to have been caused by infected food handlers, more specific recommendations to avoid exposure to contaminated food cannot be made.’
- ‘In March, 140 people fell ill with cryptosporidiosis, an illness linked to the presence of the bacteria.’
- ‘The family believe they are victims of a cryptosporidiosis bug which has struck around 150 guests and which has been linked to the hotel's swimming pool.’
- ‘Other common apicomplexan infections include toxoplasmosis, cryptosporidiosis, and Texas cattle fever.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.