One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An intestinal condition caused by infection with cryptosporidium, causing diarrhoea and vomiting.
- ‘The family believe they are victims of a cryptosporidiosis bug which has struck around 150 guests and which has been linked to the hotel's swimming pool.’
- ‘In March, 140 people fell ill with cryptosporidiosis, an illness linked to the presence of the bacteria.’
- ‘Management of cryptosporidiosis is usually based on symptom control and use of antiviral therapy to increase the CD4 count because there is no effective specific treatment for this infection.’
- ‘Other common apicomplexan infections include toxoplasmosis, cryptosporidiosis, and Texas cattle fever.’
- ‘Because most foodborne outbreaks of cryptosporidiosis are believed to have been caused by infected food handlers, more specific recommendations to avoid exposure to contaminated food cannot be made.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.