One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Rarer conditions include aspergillosis (a serious lung infection) and cryptococcal meningitis (infection causing swelling in the brain, which can be life threatening).’
- ‘Pathological examination of the brain in cryptococcal meningitis typically shows mucinous exudates covering the superolateral aspect of the brain, unlike the basal exudates of tuberculous arachnoiditis.’
- ‘The patient's condition deteriorated; he had periods of altered mental status, went into a coma, and died on day 17 of his admission because of cryptococcal meningitis and fungemia.’
- ‘As many as 13% of all AIDS patients suffer a life-threatening cryptococcal infection at some time during the course of their HIV disease.’
- ‘The cryptococcal antigen was elevated in only one case and no patient had evidence for central nervous system involvement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.