One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Sure, there are always new developments in cryptanalysis, but we've never seen an operationally useful cryptanalytic attack against a standard algorithm.’
- ‘Second, Colossus was not a general-purpose machine, being designed for a specific cryptanalytic task involving counting and Boolean operations.’
- ‘We might have an amazing new cryptanalytic technique, but we don't know if there's an error in the analysis, and there's no way to test the technique empirically.’
- ‘Before the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, in December 1941, both the U.S. Army and Navy were devoting most of their slim cryptanalytic resources to solving Japanese diplomatic ciphers, notably the foreign ministry's PURPLE machine.’
- ‘As with our earlier examples, we include them to illustrate a number of cryptanalytic techniques and because they enable us to set exercises which are both informative and fun.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.