One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A protein which occurs in the blood in certain disorders. It can be precipitated out of solution below 10°C, causing obstruction in the fingers and toes.
- ‘He also suggests potential autoimmune tests such as the rheumatoid factor for rheumatoid arthritis, cryoglobulins for cryoglobulinemia as well as the erythrocyte sedimentation rate for evidence of general inflammation.’
- ‘A prospective study was then undertaken using serum from 100 consecutive patients with various monoclonal gammopathies and from 13 patients with polyclonal hypergammaglobulinemia and cryoglobulins.’
- ‘The results of an autoantibody screen and testing for antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies were negative, complements were normal, and cryoglobulins were not detected.’
- ‘Testing for human immunodeficiency virus and viral hepatitis was negative, as were tests for cryoglobulins.’
- ‘RF, cryoglobulins and anti LKMI antibodies were the most frequently detected markers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.