One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be infatuated with.‘he's awesome, so it wasn't too surprising that other girls were crushing on him’
- ‘I think I have a platonic crush on you.’
- ‘David, their 12-year-old neighbor, has developed an innocent crush on the older sister.’
- ‘A cameraman on the show has an unrequited crush on your character.’
- ‘I suspect many of you think I have a crush on Ben.’
- ‘I admit I initially had a crush on you!’
- ‘I know a young man who has a crush on an older woman.’
- ‘Darcy was pre-eminently the sort of guy shy girls would have crushes on.’
- ‘In junior high, I had a crush on a girl who I will name Cynthia.’
- ‘A few months later I had a similarly intense crush on a boy.’
- ‘For years, Elaine had harbored a secret schoolgirl's crush on George.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.