One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Coagulated blood; gore.
blood, bloodinessView synonyms
- ‘The cruor, or red portion of the blood, has been found, on submitting it to a microscope, to be composed of globules.’
- ‘He found, when the cruor is deprived of its iron, that it becomes colourless.’
- ‘By the removal of the cruor the lymph becomes gradually paler.’
- ‘In a mass of healthy blood, one half or upwards is red cruor.’
- ‘The cruor communicates a red tinge to the water, which should be changed every day.’
Mid 17th century: Latin.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.