One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Australian NZ Relaxed or easy-going.‘I spent three cruisy days with my folks’
- ‘I figured they were breaking me in and not giving me a chance to think this would be a cruisy job.’
- ‘So Friday will be a cruisy day hanging out in the office and think about the weekend ahead.’
- ‘We have a cruisy drive back pulling in for petrol once.’
- ‘Opera Bar is one of the best bars in Sydney, if you are after a very cool, cruisy and friendly vibe.’
- ‘The group is about to launch its 3-track debut CD, featuring the cruisy summer groove of ' Mellow Day '.’
- ‘We both tried to adopt a laid-back, cruisy attitude about not having plans or a schedule.’
- ‘It's the most stressful, and the most responsibility I've ever had, but the cruisy environment I work in coupled with my fun workmates makes it an enjoyable experience.’
- ‘In between, there are ' hard to resist ' dub instrumentals that maintain Naked's cruisy flow.’
2(of a place) used by people searching for gay sexual partners.‘he was assaulted near a cruisy park’
- ‘It was a grubby, grotty, sleazy, cruisy dive, but it had atmosphere, and we all loved it despite ourselves.’
- ‘They later confirmed that he was assaulted near a cruisy park by an ex-lover.’
- ‘In this specific instance, I'd also pretend that married straight guys sometimes go to cruisy video arcades to pick up porn magazines for their straight male friends.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.