Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The maximum distance from a base that the fuel capacity of a ship or aircraft will allow it to travel and then return safely at cruising speed.‘a fuel capacity of 2200 gallons should give a cruising range of around 2000 miles’
- ‘Fuel capacity is 140 gallons and the cruising range is about 200 miles, allowing for a 10% fuel reserve.’
- ‘Maximum speed is 110 km/h and cruising range is 650 km.’
- ‘The fuel capacity is 300 gallons and cruising range will vary considerably depending on the engines installed and how the boat is operated.’
- ‘These ships were fast and powerful and had a long cruising range but were of a design that essentially represented an update of late World War I practices.’
- ‘The cruising ranges of the Pacific Fleet simply could not meet this necessity.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.