One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The maximum distance from a base that the fuel capacity of a ship or aircraft will allow it to travel and then return safely at cruising speed.‘a fuel capacity of 2200 gallons should give a cruising range of around 2000 miles’
- ‘The cruising ranges of the Pacific Fleet simply could not meet this necessity.’
- ‘Fuel capacity is 140 gallons and the cruising range is about 200 miles, allowing for a 10% fuel reserve.’
- ‘The fuel capacity is 300 gallons and cruising range will vary considerably depending on the engines installed and how the boat is operated.’
- ‘These ships were fast and powerful and had a long cruising range but were of a design that essentially represented an update of late World War I practices.’
- ‘Maximum speed is 110 km/h and cruising range is 650 km.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.