One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of spinnaker that is designed to be more stable but less efficient than a normal spinnaker.
- ‘Out came the colourful spinnakers and cruising chutes to make the most of the more favourable wind direction and strength.’
- ‘On the last jibe as we headed into the inlet, we hoisted the cruising chute and felt the boat accelerate.’
- ‘We also had a cruising chute but this seemed to be too small to make much of a difference.’
- ‘With winds on our starboard side, we put up our big cruising chute, but had an incident that could have had serious consequences.’
- ‘The genoa is roller reefed and a large cruising chute provides power in downwind light conditions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.