One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of spinnaker that is designed to be more stable but less efficient than a normal spinnaker.
- ‘On the last jibe as we headed into the inlet, we hoisted the cruising chute and felt the boat accelerate.’
- ‘We also had a cruising chute but this seemed to be too small to make much of a difference.’
- ‘Out came the colourful spinnakers and cruising chutes to make the most of the more favourable wind direction and strength.’
- ‘The genoa is roller reefed and a large cruising chute provides power in downwind light conditions.’
- ‘With winds on our starboard side, we put up our big cruising chute, but had an incident that could have had serious consequences.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.