Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for light heavyweight
- ‘I fought as a cruiserweight, and I won the fight by 5th round Knockout.’
- ‘Last night in Reading, the powerful cruiserweight demonstrated to all just why many consider him to be the torchbearer for the future of British boxing.’
- ‘How would he have done if he boxed as a cruiserweight?’
- ‘I consider myself fast for a cruiserweight but it did take me a few sparring sessions to work him out.’
- ‘Today, Ali would be a ‘small Heavyweight ‘based on his peak weight and Joe Louis would be a cruiserweight at his best!’’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.