One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of nine government-owned agencies engaged in scientific and industrial research.‘scientists at New Zealand's largest Crown research institute have made a crucial discovery’
- ‘This is a positive partnership between business, the Crown research institutes, the universities, and the community.’
- ‘Cabinet would be considering the report of the Crown Research Institute Taskforce.’
- ‘His own company is involved in developing a joint venture with the Crown research institute IRL.’
- ‘But let me return briefly to the issues of research, science, and technology and Crown research institutes.’
- ‘It is great to hear a Crown research institute talking about social returns.’
- ‘A crown research institute is required to operate as a commercial business.’
- ‘We would like to see more investment in research, and we've got the Crown research institutes based in the Wellington region.’
- ‘The document states there must be good employment practices conducted by all of the Crown research institutes.’
- ‘At the Scion crown research institute's sprawling Rotorua campus, surrounded by forest, it's a step back in time to 1970s architecture where, naturally, everything is made of wood.’
- ‘There is never enough money for, say, health research, or institutional funding for Crown research institutes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.