One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Scottish law court responsible for listing cases to be tried in Scotland.
- ‘The evidence of the High Court crisis comes from figures recently released by the Crown Office, which handles the prosecution service for the Scottish Executive.’
- ‘He announced a raft of changes, the most significant of which is the formation of an independent inspectorate to oversee the work of the Crown Office and procurator fiscal service.’
- ‘The investigator leading the battle against bootleggers has complained to the Crown Office that procurators fiscal are ignoring clear-cut cases of copyright theft.’
- ‘A spokesman for the Crown Office said the decision to grant bail by the courts was dependent on the individual circumstances of the case.’
- ‘It does not make decisions on criminal prosecutions or jurisdictions, which are a matter for the Crown Office or the requisite authorities.’
- ‘The Crown Office says 1,825 drivers have been reported to the prosecutors, the vast majority for failing to pay their fines.’
- ‘These included the Crown Office and procurator fiscal's office as well as the police and interpreting services.’
- ‘In the Crown Office list the judge refused to allow her to re-open the issue of the ownership of the home, and this court upheld that decision.’
- ‘A spokesman for the Crown Office said 61 people appeared at Edinburgh sheriff court yesterday charged with a variety of offences.’
- ‘While the police and the Crown Office have made great progress in recent years, the judiciary have been seen as isolated.’
- ‘While in Edinburgh she will visit the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service's Victim Information and Advice office in the city centre.’
- ‘For the first time a solicitor advocate from outwith the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service has been appointed as a High Court prosecutor.’
- ‘The report however recommends 12 ways the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service could improve the way it handles race issues.’
- ‘Justice department officials are consulting with senior Scottish police officers and legal experts at the Crown Office with a view to toughening up legislation north of the Border.’
- ‘A fixed-penalty alternative to court is also certain to be welcomed by the Crown Office and procurator fiscal service.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.