One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A kind of soft-paste porcelain made at Derby and often marked with a crown above the letter ‘D’as modifier ‘displays of Crown Derby china’
- ‘It was not until 1890, however, that Queen Victoria granted the company a royal warrant and Crown Derby became Royal Crown Derby Porcelain Company.’
- ‘But he still did nothing until a Crown Derby plate, which had been a wedding present to their late Mum and Dad, vibrated off its hook in the front room and smashed into a thousand pieces.’
- ‘In 1981 Royal Crown Derby widened their offering with an enchanting collection of paperweights.’
- ‘Her ancestors were the founders of the Royal Crown Derby china.’
- ‘Many of the exquisite Crown Derby china patterns are used in the decoration of the highly collectible Crown derby paperweights.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.