One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for crown cork
- ‘Yeast is dispensed into it and it is then plugged before the bottle is stoppered with the usual crown cap.’
- ‘Once the blend is completed the wine is put into bottles with a bit of sugar and yeast, the bottle is sealed with a crown cap and the fermentation that makes the bubbles commences.’
- ‘I asked him if Bollinger would ever eschew corks for crown caps, to avoid the cork taint so pervasive in the wine industry.’
- ‘Joining boxed wines in plowing new ground are sparkling wines in single serving cans, sangrias in tetra paks, and more bubblies in beer bottle styles with crown caps.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.