Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for crown cork
- ‘Joining boxed wines in plowing new ground are sparkling wines in single serving cans, sangrias in tetra paks, and more bubblies in beer bottle styles with crown caps.’
- ‘Yeast is dispensed into it and it is then plugged before the bottle is stoppered with the usual crown cap.’
- ‘Once the blend is completed the wine is put into bottles with a bit of sugar and yeast, the bottle is sealed with a crown cap and the fermentation that makes the bubbles commences.’
- ‘I asked him if Bollinger would ever eschew corks for crown caps, to avoid the cork taint so pervasive in the wine industry.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.