Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a garment) leaving the genitals uncovered.
- ‘And you thought giving your girlfriend ill-fitting crotchless panties was a bad idea…’
- ‘Let me just say that the hero exacts rectal revenge upon his criminal employer, and then becomes the victim of vaginal vengeance at the hands of a woman in crotchless Givenchy panties who deflowers him.’
- ‘There is something faintly amusing about the notion of a bewigged judge discussing crotchless knickers and vibrators in the High Court, even if the man in question seemed reasonably au fait with the terminology.’
- ‘This is taking it up a few notches from crotchless panties and chocolate body paint, and so it's worth giving it some consideration.’
- ‘A man in full leather regalia and crotchless chaps gets on the bus.’
- ‘I keep on accidentally finding myself in seedy East End bars where women wearing skimpy cowgirl outfits and crotchless panties come up to me with a pint-pot wanting a 50 pence piece contribution for the ‘dance’ she's about to perform.’
- ‘The movie is as obvious as a pair of crotchless panties.’
- ‘That evening she took a long bath and then she put on perfume and thing and then she put on a sexy negligee and her crotchless panties, then she slithers into the room where her husband is watching TV as usual.’
- ‘She looks great in crotchless panties and peephole bras.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.