One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Small pieces of toasted or fried bread served with a topping as a starter or canapé.
- ‘Top each crostini with 2 sliced figs and arrange on the rocket.’
- ‘Serve with crostini and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, if desired.’
- ‘I wanted to make some kind of crostini (little toasts with a topping) because they are easy enough to assemble, they look pretty and they make a very satisfying finger food.’
- ‘Toast slices for crostini up to 1 day ahead; cool and store airtight at room temperature.’
- ‘Buy some jars of pesto and serve on crostini with mozzarella, goat's cheese or roasted vegetables.’
Italian, plural of crostino ‘little crust’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.