One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Unwanted transfer of signals between communication channels.
- ‘Issues like crosstalk and overwriting are being addressed with encouraging results.’
- ‘Pre-compensation causes increased crosstalk and reflections and should actually be disabled in some systems.’
- ‘You're dealing with electrical signals that are subject to corrosion, crosstalk and shorts.’
- ‘This crosstalk is neglected in ordinary optical communication systems.’
- ‘This can lead to miniaturization of chip size, reduction of crosstalk noise, and facilitation of layout.’
- ‘Such data provide evidence of crosstalk of signals derived from carbon (2-oxoglutarate and sucrose) and nitrogen metabolism (glutamine).’
- ‘There is a shield layer between the two wafers of the switch to further isolate and prevent crosstalk between the left and right channels.’
- ‘In particular, connector wires' close proximity can cause signal crosstalk between signaling wires, effectively reducing their signal-to-noise ratio.’
- ‘This was key to avoid unwanted measurement crosstalk that destroys quantum information.’
- ‘This reduces crosstalk between signaling routes.’
- ‘One of the problems comes from crosstalk between the VCO and low noise amplifier.’
- ‘This greatly minimizes crosstalk among signals and helps to balance the effective impedance of each line at high frequencies.’
- ‘This crosstalk adds line noise and can cause signal errors, a pitfall historically remedied by slowing the signal rate, limiting the cable length or both.’
- ‘Various forms of crosstalk in the signaling network can be characterized with this approach.’
- ‘Further characterization of these pathways and the extent of crosstalk with other signalling pathways is now required.’
- ‘Noise, distortion and crosstalk are inaudible.’
- ‘First, they needed an optical pickup able to read the data from a particular layer without crosstalk from adjacent layers.’
- ‘There are different diameter wires and different systems to prevent crosstalk.’
- ‘Given the extensive interactions and crosstalk known to occur between signalling pathways, it should also be profitable to test the nutrient-responsiveness of signalling mutants isolated in other screening programmes.’
- ‘An apparatus and method for reducing crosstalk and other noise sources in downhole tools is disclosed.’
2Witty conversation; repartee.
banter, badinage, witty conversation, bantering, raillery, witticism, wordplay, patterView synonyms
- ‘The room can suddenly fill with terse and emotionally charged crosstalk, sounding much like a hospital emergency room.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.