Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A filter in a loudspeaker unit that divides the signal and delivers different parts to bass and treble speakers.
- ‘This is the job of the crossover network - also known as a filter network.’
- ‘Simplifying the crossover network to as few components as possible is obviously an advantage, if only because all components have some deleterious effect on sound quality.’
- ‘Most loudspeakers use multiple drivers and employ crossover networks to route the appropriate frequency ranges to the different drivers.’
- ‘The midrange horn and crossover networks in particular could use some improvements.’
- ‘One crossover network is needed for each channel of a bi-amplified system.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.