Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A filter in a loudspeaker unit that divides the signal and delivers different parts to bass and treble speakers.
- ‘One crossover network is needed for each channel of a bi-amplified system.’
- ‘The midrange horn and crossover networks in particular could use some improvements.’
- ‘Most loudspeakers use multiple drivers and employ crossover networks to route the appropriate frequency ranges to the different drivers.’
- ‘This is the job of the crossover network - also known as a filter network.’
- ‘Simplifying the crossover network to as few components as possible is obviously an advantage, if only because all components have some deleterious effect on sound quality.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.