One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A filter in a loudspeaker unit that divides the signal and delivers different parts to bass and treble speakers.
- ‘One crossover network is needed for each channel of a bi-amplified system.’
- ‘Most loudspeakers use multiple drivers and employ crossover networks to route the appropriate frequency ranges to the different drivers.’
- ‘The midrange horn and crossover networks in particular could use some improvements.’
- ‘This is the job of the crossover network - also known as a filter network.’
- ‘Simplifying the crossover network to as few components as possible is obviously an advantage, if only because all components have some deleterious effect on sound quality.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.