Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Distortion occurring where a signal changes from positive to negative or vice versa.
- ‘The effect of crossover distortion will be most pronounced when the amplitude of the input signal is small.’
- ‘This leads to an increase in crossover distortion and can cause problems with parasitic oscillations.’
- ‘The only way to totally eliminate crossover distortion is to use a Class A single sided amplifier.’
- ‘It is obvious that the output stage is suffering from severe crossover distortion effects.’
- ‘There is usually some discontinuity, and this leads to severe crossover distortion, a familiar term.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.