One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This accompanied by noises of exertion, crossness or frustration, emotional or physical as appropriate.’
- ‘One of the things I hated about the election was its crossness.’
- ‘If you guys hadn't stood up, burnt your bras, vocalised your crossness and proved yourself as vocal and as argumentative as your male counterparts, then probably I would be in the relaxed position I am today.’
- ‘His crossness about the fact that Head of News at the BBC is now a woman fills me with awe.’
- ‘Eventually Mathew got over his bout of crossness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.