One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘Surely men have a right to be present at the birth considering they are present at the conception,’ he piped up rather crossly.’
- ‘I offered to pick Zack up, so he could look from a higher vantage point but he crossly told me no.’
- ‘‘But what I don't like is watching you flirt with other guys,’ he said crossly, his eyes darkening.’
- ‘Though she said it crossly, I know she was annoyed with me for doubting myself.’
- ‘‘Maybe see a psychiatrist as well!’ his wife said crossly as she walked out of the room.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.