One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The exchange of genes between homologous chromosomes, resulting in a mixture of parental characteristics in offspring.
- ‘Both predictions can be tested by examining patterns of gene conversion and crossing over in appropriately marked strains.’
- ‘In this organism crossing over between X and Y chromosomes was shown for the first time in vertebrates.’
- ‘The frequency of aberrant chromosomes resulting from ectopic crossing over was decreased 6-fold.’
- ‘Recently, theoretical models have been developed that incorporate both crossing over and gene conversion.’
- ‘Using these data, we investigate several alternative models of how gene conversion and crossing over may be associated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.