One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The exchange of genes between homologous chromosomes, resulting in a mixture of parental characteristics in offspring.
- ‘Recently, theoretical models have been developed that incorporate both crossing over and gene conversion.’
- ‘The frequency of aberrant chromosomes resulting from ectopic crossing over was decreased 6-fold.’
- ‘Using these data, we investigate several alternative models of how gene conversion and crossing over may be associated.’
- ‘In this organism crossing over between X and Y chromosomes was shown for the first time in vertebrates.’
- ‘Both predictions can be tested by examining patterns of gene conversion and crossing over in appropriately marked strains.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.