One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We can't absolutely, perfectly and hermetically seal 7,000 miles of land borders and keep out 100 percent of illegal crossers.’
- ‘The Arizona-based American Border Patrol, which monitors illegal alien traffic and reports border crossers to immigration officials, is one of several groups critical of the president's plan.’
- ‘I have not worked with Don Hutchison, but maybe we will need a good crosser of the ball in these circumstances.’
- ‘Plus points are Michael Owen, and an over-hyped David Beckham, who is still the best crosser in the world.’
- ‘While I've been fairly critical of certain floor crossers in the past (let's just call them JL and BS), I do think a bill like this is a bad idea.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.