One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘While I've been fairly critical of certain floor crossers in the past (let's just call them JL and BS), I do think a bill like this is a bad idea.’
- ‘I have not worked with Don Hutchison, but maybe we will need a good crosser of the ball in these circumstances.’
- ‘The Arizona-based American Border Patrol, which monitors illegal alien traffic and reports border crossers to immigration officials, is one of several groups critical of the president's plan.’
- ‘Plus points are Michael Owen, and an over-hyped David Beckham, who is still the best crosser in the world.’
- ‘We can't absolutely, perfectly and hermetically seal 7,000 miles of land borders and keep out 100 percent of illegal crossers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.