One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for Lorraine cross
- ‘it is a white bordered blue shield on which is superimposed a cross of Lorraine.’
- ‘It is reached by a track, lined with crosses of Lorraine, that runs from El Adem.’
- ‘It took de Gaulle several months to officially adopt the cross of Lorraine as the emblem of the Free France.’
- ‘The flags visible on the picture include a vertical version of the flag of Free France, with a black cross of Lorraine extending over the blue and white stripes.’
- ‘Mom manufactures us the small flags of blue-white-red with the small crosses of Lorraine, the de Gaulle symbol.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.