A guard on a sword or dagger consisting of a short transverse bar.
- ‘The cross guard was made of a different metal, and was silver in color and the grip was covered in red leather.’
- ‘As she did so, she noticed the glyph that decorated the center of the cross guard.’
- ‘Isabelle then raised the cross guard to her lips before returning the weapon.’
- ‘He turned his blade to the side and caught her scimitar in his cross guard, then launched his body forward.’
- ‘The pommel and the cross guard had ornate decorations inscribed into the metal with touches of pure gold.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.