One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A guard on a sword or dagger consisting of a short transverse bar.
- ‘The pommel and the cross guard had ornate decorations inscribed into the metal with touches of pure gold.’
- ‘The cross guard was made of a different metal, and was silver in color and the grip was covered in red leather.’
- ‘Isabelle then raised the cross guard to her lips before returning the weapon.’
- ‘He turned his blade to the side and caught her scimitar in his cross guard, then launched his body forward.’
- ‘As she did so, she noticed the glyph that decorated the center of the cross guard.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.