One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Do something that is outside the bounds of acceptable behaviour.‘this article crossed a line and I am disgusted’
- ‘When a president attacks your life and your family on national television, he has crossed a line that makes it impossible to support him with integrity.’
- ‘You can decide for yourself if you think he was simply telling the truth or if he crossed a line.’
- ‘A lot of people felt that this leak crossed a line, which it certainly did.’
- ‘He assumed our conversation was simply banter and thought I had crossed a line.’
- ‘There should be a policy in place to deal with those who cross the line.’
- ‘The judge's ruling in the case should indicate whether police were doing their job or if they crossed the line.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.