One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Do something that is outside the bounds of acceptable behaviour.‘this article crossed a line and I am disgusted’
- ‘There should be a policy in place to deal with those who cross the line.’
- ‘When a president attacks your life and your family on national television, he has crossed a line that makes it impossible to support him with integrity.’
- ‘He assumed our conversation was simply banter and thought I had crossed a line.’
- ‘A lot of people felt that this leak crossed a line, which it certainly did.’
- ‘The judge's ruling in the case should indicate whether police were doing their job or if they crossed the line.’
- ‘You can decide for yourself if you think he was simply telling the truth or if he crossed a line.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.