One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adverb & adjective
Extending or travelling from one side of a town to the other.as adjective ‘the cross-town traffic’
- ‘He completed the cross-town course in just 14 minutes and 42 seconds.’
- ‘Most evening services could disappear and cross-town links to the hospital could be lost.’
- ‘The trust also says that the time has come for a decision to be made on a southern relief road, which could relieve the town centre of much cross-town traffic.’
- ‘Las Vegas is the only other U.S. city to attempt monorail as cross-town transit lines rather than an airport people-mover, downtown shuttle or amusement ride.’
- ‘The sun was out and I was driving into it in cross-town traffic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.