One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘While the flower is fully capable of cross-fertilization, the tree is so self-compatible that the majority of the fruits are usually self-fertilized.’
- ‘Indeed, program sponsors and resource sponsors can also affect cross-fertilization of efforts within their domains.’
- ‘A lot of ideas in science come when people come together, from cross-fertilization of ideas.’
- ‘Flowers of this species are protogynous, visited by a good variety of insects, and capable of both self-and cross-fertilization.’
- ‘In this case it appears that male sterility caused self-fertilization to fail but some days later cross-fertilization took place.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.