One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The dating of objects by correlation with the chronology of another culture or site.
- ‘Once the hemlock cores were measured, cross-dating was verified.’
- ‘After cross-dating, errors were corrected and cores that did not cross-date were discarded.’
- ‘He extended the principle of cross-dating, thus providing a chronological framework for his Bronze Age sequence.’
- ‘Here we combine cross-dating of fire scars in dead wood and living trees with sampling in a dense grid over a large area.’
- ‘The cross-dating allowed the age of the cores and disks to be determined accurately and identified any missing or false rings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.