One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The dating of objects by correlation with the chronology of another culture or site.
- ‘He extended the principle of cross-dating, thus providing a chronological framework for his Bronze Age sequence.’
- ‘The cross-dating allowed the age of the cores and disks to be determined accurately and identified any missing or false rings.’
- ‘After cross-dating, errors were corrected and cores that did not cross-date were discarded.’
- ‘Here we combine cross-dating of fire scars in dead wood and living trees with sampling in a dense grid over a large area.’
- ‘Once the hemlock cores were measured, cross-dating was verified.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.