One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rough draft; a sketch.
drawing, preliminary drawing, outlineView synonyms
- ‘He sent her this copy containing his comical little croquis.’
- ‘A sketchbook page that includes croquis of a Tanagra figure, swathed in draperies, suggests that the inspiration was in fact Hellenistic.’
- ‘Entering the gallery, one encounters a whitewashed wall covered with croquis sketches of nude female figures.’
- ‘But first I needed to glue onto each box a nice croquis of the contents inside.’
- ‘The gifts range from affectionate croquis to entire sketchbooks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.