Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A rough draft; a sketch.
drawing, preliminary drawing, outlineView synonyms
- ‘But first I needed to glue onto each box a nice croquis of the contents inside.’
- ‘Entering the gallery, one encounters a whitewashed wall covered with croquis sketches of nude female figures.’
- ‘He sent her this copy containing his comical little croquis.’
- ‘The gifts range from affectionate croquis to entire sketchbooks.’
- ‘A sketchbook page that includes croquis of a Tanagra figure, swathed in draperies, suggests that the inspiration was in fact Hellenistic.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.