One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of rock) appear or be exposed at the surface of the earth.‘high hills are found where the igneous rocks of eastern South Uist crop out’
- ‘Mafic volcanic rocks on this trend crop out on eastern King Island, with exposures including dykes, pillow lavas, volcaniclastic rocks and dolomites.’
- ‘In contrast, depositional landscapes predominate in southern Alberta and Saskatchewan, where soft sedimentary rocks crop out near the southern limit of the ice sheet.’
- ‘The Hammamat Group is a sequence of immature, clastic sedimentary rocks that crop out sporadically throughout the central and northern segments of the Eastern Desert of Egypt.’
- ‘The nature of the Lower Palaeozoic rocks which crop out in the peninsula therefore hold important evidence for the Caledonian evolution of the area.’
- ‘Basement rocks crop out along the entire La Hague peninsula in a number of fault-bounded blocks and as thin layers separated by intrusive Cadomian igneous bodies.’
- ‘The hinges of folded debris layers crop out on the glacier surface as flow-parallel medial moraines, with axes dipping gently up-glacier.’
- ‘Volcanic rocks that crop out in the mine area are part of the Portage Lake Volcanics and consist of thin lava flows and interbedded sedimentary rocks.’
- ‘The Dzhabyk batholith crops out along the entire surface trace of the profile.’
- ‘The Mesozoic rocks crop out only in the Zhaigang and Zhainan areas in the southeastern part of the county.’
- ‘At the base of the erosional hollow, an inlier of Jurassic rocks crops out below the late Cimmerian unconformity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.