Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A squash of a club-shaped variety with a curved neck and warty skin.
- ‘The notoriously prolific zucchini is perhaps the best-known summer squash, but the group also includes chayote, yellow crookneck and straightneck squash, as well as pattypans.’
- ‘Types of summer squash include the zucchini, straightnecks, crooknecks, and scallops.’
- ‘The yellow crooknecks have a delicious strong flavor, which is why they are a favorite for us.’
- ‘Like a lot of other squash types, the female flowers of crooknecks are much larger than the male blossoms.’
- ‘Slice zucchini and crookneck squash lengthwise, brush with olive oil, and roast with sliced onions and red sweet peppers.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.