One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The crookedness seemed to make his face even more handsome.’
- ‘He raced along the familiar trail, cursing its narrowness, its crookedness, its unalterable length.’
- ‘‘We had not realised our government was capable of such folly and such crookedness,’ thundered the leader.’
- ‘However, removing the wisdom teeth does not usually improve crookedness or crowding in other teeth.’
- ‘He became so reckless in his deceptions and crookedness precisely because he believed himself to be untouchable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.