Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
usually as modifier A command to an operating system or server for a job that is to be executed at a specified time.‘a cron job’
- ‘Otherwise, you may specify an e-mail address to which to send the output of cron jobs.’
- ‘All we need to do is run the client script on the testing servers as a cron job.’
- ‘When using a cron job, I know a process is executed on a certain schedule.’
- ‘A cron job automation example to handle this is explained later in this article.’
- ‘On-line updating can now be set up as a cron job to reach out to the server of your choice at the time of your choosing, check for available updates and download and install them without user interaction.’
1990s: from chronological.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.