Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[usually as modifier] A command to an operating system or server for a job that is to be executed at a specified time.‘a cron job’
- ‘A cron job automation example to handle this is explained later in this article.’
- ‘Otherwise, you may specify an e-mail address to which to send the output of cron jobs.’
- ‘All we need to do is run the client script on the testing servers as a cron job.’
- ‘When using a cron job, I know a process is executed on a certain schedule.’
- ‘On-line updating can now be set up as a cron job to reach out to the server of your choice at the time of your choosing, check for available updates and download and install them without user interaction.’
1990s: from chronological.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.