One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A synthetic non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, inhaled to prevent asthmatic attacks and allergic reactions.
- ‘The 17 studies of sodium cromoglycate tended to involve small numbers of patients, differed in outcome measures, and showed evidence of publication bias.’
- ‘No side effects were reported with use of antihistamines, nasal corticosteroids, or cromoglycate.’
- ‘Although several drugs such as ketotifen, sodium cromoglycate, sodium nedocromil, and theophylline have anti-inflammatory properties, they are less effective than inhaled glucocorticoids.’
- ‘Drops containing the active ingredient cromoglycate are most widely used.’
- ‘Using this process as his ‘discovery model,’ he identified disodium cromoglycate, which was eventually marketed as an antiasthmatic drug.’
From an alteration of chromone (a bicyclic ketone) + glyc(erol) + -ate.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.