One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large predatory semiaquatic reptile of an order that comprises the crocodiles, alligators, caimans, and gharial. Crocodilians are distinguished by long jaws, short legs, and a powerful tail.
Order Crocodylia: three families
- ‘Truly cold-blooded animals like lizards, newts, turtles, and crocodilians, which are superabundant farther south are missing, he said.’
- ‘They are found in mammals, turtles, squamates, and crocodilians, as well as a few bird taxa, particularly ratites and ducks.’
- ‘Caiman belong to the group known as crocodilians, which also includes alligators and crocodiles.’
- ‘Deliberate stone and soil swallowing has been reported for modem snakes, lizards, turtles and crocodilians serving to macerate digesta.’
- ‘In other species, such as monitor lizards and crocodilians, the lungs are partitioned into chambers made up of an intricate net of support structures.’
Relating to crocodilians.
- ‘The skin of the saltwater crocodile produces the highest quality leather of the world's crocodilian species.’
- ‘They've got these crocodilian jaws that just crunch off huge chunks of meat and bone, and then they just swallow it all.’
- ‘A massive crocodilian creature began rising from the tip of the mountain.’
- ‘Only two crocodilian groups had sparser, and therefore less sensitive, strings of the holes running along their jaws.’
- ‘The large body size and short legs suggest that these animals lived mostly in the water, where they adopted a crocodilian life-style.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.