One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘Bridget, my head is doing that thumping thing again,’ I heard Jesse groan croakily from inside and couldn't help but laughing gently.’
- ‘‘I told you my game never failed,’ she said croakily.’
- ‘‘Amber,’ he whispered croakily,’ What do you want for your birthday?’’
- ‘‘It h-hurts,’ I croakily managed in sheer pain, my face contorted, my throat scorching with the ache of crying so hard.’
- ‘Long called out croakily, his voice hoarse and rough.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.