One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A minor or inferior critic.
- ‘How can we convince the criticasters that documentation is a must?’
- ‘The criticasters still howl, of course, and perhaps some uncertain souls will listen.’
- ‘Now I know I might sound like a whiner or a criticaster, but some of you people don't seem to understand that he has only SEVEN matches left to prove himself worthy.’
- ‘A few criticasters have claimed that the subtitles weren't very good and that affected how they viewed the movie.’
- ‘An important issue many criticasters seem to be overlooking is the fact that this new network is being run by just one man and one woman.’
Late 17th century: from critic + -aster.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.