Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The pressure of a gas or vapour in its critical state.
- ‘Miscibility critical pressure is a sensitive function of the lipids in the monolayer.’
- ‘Increases of surface pressure were recorded for different initial lipid surface pressures to determine the critical pressure of insertion of the peptide into lipids.’
- ‘The current work shows that lipid asymmetry and unsaturation both result in high critical pressures in monolayers.’
- ‘Pharyngeal critical pressure is the pressure below which occlusion and cessation of airflow occurs.’
- ‘The flow-limited segment of the pressure-flow relationship is used to define the critical pressure as the nasal pressure at which airflow ceases.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.