Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The sequence of stages determining the minimum time needed for an operation, especially when analysed on a computer for a large organization.as modifier ‘software exists to effectively undertake critical-path analyses’
- ‘The adjudicator used a different methodology to that which either party had put forward and made his own independent analysis of the critical path.’
- ‘The social informatics framework draws attention to actions, events, people and processes that are often ignored and allows explanations to be pursued and critical paths to be identified.’
- ‘We set priorities, milestones, critical paths and follow all the normal project framework you would expect.’
- ‘Then compute the probability that the critical path will not fail.’
- ‘Needing people to inspect forms is a process bottleneck and not in the critical path.’
- ‘The processor executes critical path computation instructions as long as a critical path instruction can be started without causing a pipeline stall.’
- ‘The whole development process was re-written and the critical path was changed.’
- ‘The deterministic critical path is the critical path that is determined without the consideration of risk; it is the collection of tasks that determine the total completion time of the project.’
- ‘Traditional management tools such as the program evaluation and review technique, the critical path method, or engineering management software are sufficient to establish most of the decision times in a program.’
- ‘Interdependence is cooperation on the critical path of the project as well as on functional systems with each participant still controlling their part of the project.’
- ‘Rigid strategic planning methods, such as those using the critical path method coupled with risk analysis, have proven inadequate for the high complexity and dynamics of large public acquisition projects.’
- ‘This technique provides an ability to identify those tasks on the critical path - a task or process for which any deviation in time will affect the overall process, activity, or project time.’
- ‘Who is on the critical path in the business process?’
- ‘Figure 10 is the stochastic critical path for a NASA space exploration mission.’
- ‘Academics and computer buffs used it but it was yet to become the critical path for business.’
- ‘A successful program will minimize distractions, allowing management to concentrate on the critical paths that contain system components most sensitive to cost and schedule.’
- ‘To determine the critical path, the project team must identify assignments necessary for progress, particularly tasks that are essential to the successful outcome of the project.’
- ‘While the company bought some of the software from outside vendors, it is now focusing on building capacity in critical paths - and is continuously re-evaluating what those paths are.’
- ‘There was no time to prepare specs, bids or permit applications; no time to negotiate fees, contracts or labor agreements; no time to develop management plans or critical paths.’
- ‘It identifies three dimensions along the critical path to be addressed: safety assessment, evaluation of medical utility, and product industrialization.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.