One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Damping just sufficient to prevent oscillations.
- ‘The seismic loading was taken from response spectra tailored to the site that assumed 5 percent critical damping.’
- ‘The ratio B of the actual damping to critical damping essentially determines the shape of the response.’
- ‘The problem with critical damping is that the maximum is only about 36% of the response for an undamped geophone.’
- ‘The series resistor is a potentiometer that can be adjusted to produce underdamping, critical damping, or overdamping, shown left-to-right in that order on the circuit assembly photograph above.’
- ‘The damping is much better, as the ratio of the peaks above implies that the ratio of the actual damping to the critical damping is 0.6.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.