One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The batter itself, thinly spread, cooked to almost crispiness and folded in a square, was at first strangely sweet.’
- ‘The crispiness of the crusty bread, the crunchiness of toast and the soft, yielding moistness of freshly baked bread are truly three of the wonders of life.’
- ‘Just the right amount of crispiness on the outside and softness inside, contrasting with the sharpness of the lemon and sweetness of the sugar.’
- ‘And the pastry had that pleasing crispiness on the outside while being velvety on the inside.’
- ‘The pancake had a light golden colour with flecks of bright green spring onion and red chillies shimmering through the crispiness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.