One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A thin, savoury biscuit made from crushed rye or wheat.
- ‘Reaching for fruit, yoghurt, raisin toast or wholemeal crispbreads more often than for high-energy, nutrient-poor choices will help to keep you in shape.’
- ‘I do not care how rich you are, or how indecisive, but I do know this: when you dither with your trolley examining the crispbreads at the only point of the biscuit and cracker aisle adjacent to a massive great pillar, no-one can pass.’
- ‘Danish food includes a wide variety of fish, meat, bread, cheese, and crispbreads.’
- ‘In the highly baked, unleavened rye crispbreads of Scandinavia the faintly bitter natural flavour of rye comes through pleasantly.’
- ‘All there except that the suppliers sent the wrong crispbreads and the crackers were out of stock.’
- ‘If they do, steer clear of foods like crispbreads, muesli and nuts which scrape over inflamed areas, and avoid hot spices, chillies and any strong flavours.’
- ‘Instead of toying with a boring crispbread or so-called ‘low-fat’ chocolate bar for your New Year diet, opt for unprocessed quality food that has not been intensively produced.’
- ‘For the main course, what about the rosemary-grilled artichokes with Parmesan crispbreads, avocado and cherry tomato salsa served with a goats cheese and cannellini bean mousse?’
- ‘The study focused on potatoes, crisps, breakfast cereals and rye crispbreads - but experts say other foods, including meat, may be at risk.’
- ‘Breakfast was self-service, with rolls and rye bread and crispbread, hams and cheese, and pots of pickled herring and caviar as well as cereals, dried fruits, and jams.’
- ‘If you suffer from morning sickness, try the following home remedies: nibble on a ginger biscuit before getting up and try to eat a little something often - perhaps a biscuit, oatcake or crispbread.’
- ‘I don't want the threatened crispbread even with raisins in.’
- ‘Every Thursday, for example, there was thick pea soup with ham and mustard with fresh, crunchy rye crispbreads followed by pancakes and berries.’
- ‘Have a dry crispbread, cracker or piece of plain toast to keep your system ‘ticking over’.’
- ‘They were looking for food at night, and I often joked that in fact they were even desperate for any type of food, including a crispbread called Ryvita.’
- ‘Dry crispbreads tend to swell in the stomach so are good for dieting.’
- ‘Experts at the University of York found ‘significant levels’ of the substance acrylamide in basic foodstuffs such as potatoes, crisps, crispbreads and breakfast cereals.’
- ‘Someone who is never phased when they put the crispbread next to the cat food in Woolworths.’
- ‘Ten minutes later, while attempting to spread peanut butter on crispbread, the packet leaped off the shelf and a thousand wholemeal arrows hailed down on me.’
- ‘Rice cakes and crispbreads can be spread with low fat cream cheese or try mashed banana and then pile sliced fruit on top.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.