One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An expert in the scientific study of crime and criminals.‘the pioneering criminologist proposed a method for identifying criminals’
- ‘In recent years, some criminologists have also explored the ways in which some forms of culture come to be constructed as crime.’
- ‘I'm not a criminologist, but I believe that most criminals simply think they will get away with it.’
- ‘Jurists and criminologists concluded that family disintegration was the primary source of juvenile crime.’
- ‘Taken together, the work of these various agencies and individuals points to the fact that crime has never been the concern of criminologists and criminal justice professionals alone.’
- ‘Yet according to cultural criminologists, these societal processes alone cannot explain the meaning or situational dynamic of shoplifting.’
- ‘The practical influence of criminologists has not been confined to shaping government policy via high-profile institutions.’
- ‘I'd been told by various criminologists and judges that there are three principles behind sentencing which are: retribution, rehabilitation and deterrents.’
- ‘Additionally, criminologists have argued that a major cause in crime prevention is the reduction of child neglect.’
- ‘The fundamental task of criminologists was thus widely perceived to be to search for the 'causes of crime'.’
- ‘According to criminologists, serious crime is actually falling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.