One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Behaviour that is contrary to or forbidden by criminal law.‘a regime that sanctions organized criminality’
- ‘More than ten different motives for the crime are being investigated, such are the wide-ranging lines of criminality associated with the gang.’
- ‘Criminality is also deterring investment and production in agriculture.’
- ‘Criminality, we trust, will be investigated and punished.’
- ‘Yet, his behavior during this whole episode does not square with the criminality that the government is alleging.’
- ‘He is not proud of his criminality, but he also doesn't make excuses for it.’
- ‘He swept away much of the petty criminality that financed other illegal activities in the city.’
- ‘We have our fair share of criminality, but we also have a strict legal environment where it is quite clear how criminals must be dealt with.’
- ‘To find evidence of motive and intention to commit fraud, prosecutors look for evidence of criminality.’
- ‘Rather than report Alonzo for his criminality, he will simply walk away.’
- ‘The film explores more important issues than the criminality of one corporation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.