One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The offence of making a malicious defamatory statement in a permanent form.
- ‘Many people have argued that criminal libel laws are unconstitutional, but the Supreme Court has never so held.’
- ‘Journalists said that there were too many criminal libel suits against reporters.’
- ‘He has chosen instead to go the way of criminal libel which carries a jail term.’
- ‘This would make them categorically protected, against criminal libel prosecution or civil libel lawsuits.’
- ‘Public nuisance and criminal libel have been cited as common law crimes of strict liability.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.