One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The offence of making a malicious defamatory statement in a permanent form.
- ‘Journalists said that there were too many criminal libel suits against reporters.’
- ‘Public nuisance and criminal libel have been cited as common law crimes of strict liability.’
- ‘He has chosen instead to go the way of criminal libel which carries a jail term.’
- ‘Many people have argued that criminal libel laws are unconstitutional, but the Supreme Court has never so held.’
- ‘This would make them categorically protected, against criminal libel prosecution or civil libel lawsuits.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.