One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Adultery, especially as formerly constituting grounds for the recovery of legal damages by a husband from his wife's adulterous partner.
- ‘If he has proof of sexual relationship between you and his wife then he can sue her for criminal conversation regardless of whether the relationship was with someone of the opposite sex.’
- ‘If this couple were then going through a spectacular trial for ‘criminal conversation’ then so much the better for attracting attention to the painter.’
- ‘Our Supreme Court has made it clear that the tort of criminal conversation exists in our State.’
- ‘The last three chapters take up, in turn, the popular literature of domestic homicide, adultery in the church courts, and cases of ‘criminal conversation.’’
- ‘A physical separation will not bar a claim for criminal conversation even if the sexual relations with the third party took place after the separation occurred.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.