One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who plays cricket.‘he is a very young and talented cricketer’
- ‘Although this is supposed to be the off season for our leading cricketers, some of them are playing county cricket in England.’
- ‘The life of a professional cricketer is tough.’
- ‘He dreams of becoming a cricketer.’
- ‘Our test cricketers had scored an impressive run of victories.’
- ‘I get enjoyment from playing alongside lads who are trying to become professional cricketers.’
- ‘I was sometimes playing against former test cricketers.’
- ‘My dad was a very fine cricketer, good enough to turn professional.’
- ‘He was a very successful county cricketer.’
- ‘He is a New Zealand cricketer who bowls right-hand fast-medium.’
- ‘The phenomenal level of concentration required by top level cricketers is something that impresses me no end.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.