One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounAustralian, NZ
A break during a working day.‘the hours were 35 per week, including 30 minutes paid crib time daily’
- ‘Shift workers shall be allowed up to 30 minutes' cribtime during the shift but the machinery shall be kept fully working and production shall not be impeded.’
- ‘On two occasions he had had to speak to them about knocking off fifteen minutes before the stipulated cribtime.’
- ‘Crib-time comes and the mates get together at the bottom of the shaft to share a candle.’
- ‘At crib time, he sat on a slag heap with his father and Snow, eating sandwiches and drinking tin mugs of sweetened cold tea.’
- ‘The shift boss yells "Righto", which is the signal that crib time is over.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.