One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See crew neck
- ‘Over a dark, crew-necked top, he is sporting a well-cut suit with an expensive sheen.’
- ‘You order the team tee shirt, crew-necked sweatshirt, hooded sweatshirt, golf shirt, and baseball hat for yourself.’
- ‘These garments can be scoop-necked, crew-necked, or turtle-necked with zippers or snaps on the rear.’
- ‘A navy blue jumper or cardigan or a navy blue ‘V’ or crew-necked sweatshirt, embroidered in gold with the school badge, can be worn by both boys and girls.’
- ‘But the U.S. Navy adopted a crew-necked, short-sleeved, white cotton undershirt as issue to be worn under a jumper as early as 1913.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.