One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See crew neck
- ‘You order the team tee shirt, crew-necked sweatshirt, hooded sweatshirt, golf shirt, and baseball hat for yourself.’
- ‘But the U.S. Navy adopted a crew-necked, short-sleeved, white cotton undershirt as issue to be worn under a jumper as early as 1913.’
- ‘Over a dark, crew-necked top, he is sporting a well-cut suit with an expensive sheen.’
- ‘These garments can be scoop-necked, crew-necked, or turtle-necked with zippers or snaps on the rear.’
- ‘A navy blue jumper or cardigan or a navy blue ‘V’ or crew-necked sweatshirt, embroidered in gold with the school badge, can be worn by both boys and girls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.